Table of Contents
Table of Contents
A third-country national can obtain a work permit in Hungary (also referred to as residence permit for the purpose of employment) if the purpose of his stay is to work as employed or in a similar legal relationship.
The validity period of a work permit in Hungary
The validity period of a work permit is a maximum of two years. So a work permit in Hungary can be requested for a maximum of this period. The license can be extended before it expires, but the extended period cannot be more than an additional 2 years.
What documents are required for a work permit in Hungary?
The two most important documents for obtaining a work permit are a valid labor demand and a pre-employment contract with the Hungarian employer. The procedure for a work permit is a combined procedure, which results in a combined permit, i.e. it entitles the holder to residence and employment at the same time.
So what actually is a combined work permit?
Combined work permit in Hungary: a residence permit that entitles the third-country national to both establish an employment or work relationship with a specified employer and to reside in the territory of Hungary.
What is the importance of pre-employment contract in the process for work permit?
In order to confirm the employment relationship to be established, the third-country national must conclude a pre-employment contract with the Hungarian employer, in which they must agree in advance:
- on the actual job title,
- the salary,
- the expected start of employment,
- the duration of the employment relationship,
- the place of work, and
- the job title
The work experience and qualifications required to fill the position must be prefixed, provided that the position to be filled is tied to a degree or qualification.
The expected start of employment must not be later than 120 days after the submission of the application for the residence permit.
Owners and senior officials of legal entities who wish to carry out actual work (in addition to their activities as senior officials and representatives) and submit their application for awork permit may, in addition to the above documents, be asked to attach the supporting documents required for applicants for a residence permit for the purpose of earning income. the acting authority.
What is the importance of workpower registration (or labor demand) in the process of work permit in Hungary?
Workpower registration( or labor demand) is required for the employment of third-country nationals. The Workpower registration must be submitted by the employer. A valid labor demand shall be considered a labor demand that the employer:
- submitted at the same time as the application,
- submitted before the submission of the application, but not more than sixty days ago, or
- submitted more than sixty days ago, but extended it at least sixty days before submitting the application.
The period of validity of the labor demand must be determined in a period longer than 10 days. The need for labor must be reported to the district or district office in the capital city in whose territory the employee is employed. If the employee’s employment will take place in the territory of several counties, or possibly nationally, then the labor demand must be submitted to the employment office according to the employer’s seat.
What is the expiry period of a work permit in Hungary?
The work permit is issued by the National Directorate General of Immigration for the period specified in the employment permit to the third-country worker. The work permit can be issued for a maximum of two years, so the expiry of the residence permit cannot be longer than this.
However, if the validity period of the applicant’s passport expires earlier than the requested period, the National Directorate General of Immigration will take into account the period of validity of the passport, regardless of how long the third-country national applied for the residence permit. The work permit can be extended.
Apart from the employment contract and the labor demand, what other documents are required to obtain a residence permit for employment purposes?
Documents to be attached to the application for a work permit in Hungary:
- proof of residence in Hungary: It might be a lease agreement or also your own property. The useful floor area must be calculated so that the residents get at least 6 square meters per person.
- comprehensive health insurance: in view of the fact that the applicant will not be insured for the first time at the time of application, private insurance is necessary in order to receive the permit. Following the acquisition of the residence permit and the establishment of the employment relationship, the third-country employee will be insured with the Health Insurance, just like Hungarian citiztens.
- proof of savings with a bank account statement or another way: 3 months’ bank account statements are required. It is necessary to prove that the third-country national is able to cover the cost of travel to and from Hungary.
- valid passport: the validity period of the applicant’s passport must cover the duration of the stay.
- At the same time as the application is submitted, the third-country national must declare whether, in the event of rejection of the application, he/she undertakes voluntary departure from the territory of the member states of the European Union.